The Northwestern Ontario End-of-Life Care Network provides an opportunity for individuals who are involved in the many areas of end-of-life care service delivery to work more closely together and to learn from each other's areas of expertise and experiences.
A Steering Committee of elected representatives provides leadership, governance and strategic direction for the Network on a volunteer basis. Steering Committee Membership presently includes:
- Michelle Strong, McCausland Hospital, Terrace Bay
- Dr. Geoff Davis, Medical Director of Palliative Care
- Sue Berry, Interim Associate Dean, Continuing Health Professional Education, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Penny Anguish, Vice President, Complex Care & Physical Rehabilitation Services and Chief Nursing Officer, SJCG
- Marg Poling, Palliative Pain & Symptom Management Consultant, NW CCAC
- Hilary Mettam, Lead, NW End-of-Life Care Network
NORTHERN AND REMOTE COMMUNITIES
- Barb Friesen, Client Representative, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority, Sioux Lookout
- Ann Waswa, RN, Home and Community Care, Eabametong First Nation
- Katherine Campbell, Bsc., MHS, Dryden Area Family Health Team Administrator, Chair NW End-of-Life-Care-Network
- Wilma Sletmoen, Northwestern Health Unit
- Olga Sampara, Administrator, Patricia Gardens Supportive Housing, Patricia Region Senior Services Inc.
A copy of the Steering Committee Terms of Reference can be viewed here.